Camera Image Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are the Computer Vision Testing Group responsible for quality of many exciting projects (ARkit, Animoji, FaceID, etc.), that have been shipped on Apple products. We are now seeking a Camera Image Quality Engineer to stress test and provide responsible image quality feedback to developers. You will do hands-on image quality testing work, collaborate with developers, continuously track camera algorithm bugs and be able to represent image quality from a user's perspective.
- Knowledge of the camera systems, including CMOS image sensor, camera, optics and ISP pipeline
- Deep understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
- You have strong testing logic, attention to detail , and a motivation to explore new technologies
- Matlab/Python scripting skills for data analysis
- Knowledge of imaging algorithms, such as 3A, etc.
- Photography skill is a requirement
- Computer vision and video processing knowledge preferred
- Experience testing camera products preferred
- 3+ years experience in testing is a plus
As a camera image quality engineer, you will need to have experience with both objective and subjective image quality evaluation. Developing and performing real world SW testing for camera evaluation You have experience checking >5k real world images and have built a good sense on IQ issue. Analyze, reproduce, isolate image & video issues from a real world testing environment Ability to identify issues with trend through hand-on testing Craft IQ testing report that could help developers understand testing status Ability to work with multi-functional teams and master partnerships Be able to adapt fast pace, can follow development cycle and track bug report Deliver and present results to peers and multi-functional teams
Education & Experience
MS (or BS with industry experience in related field) Electrical Engineering, Color Science, Optical Engineering or Photo Science