Cloud Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis?
- Hands-on experience developing and operating automation for Linux using a variety of languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, Go, Java, etc.
- Experience building and consuming JSON, REST APIs, and other web services technologies
- Hands-on experience with core AWS services such as EC2, Lightsail, EKS, Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Route 53, Organizations, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Config, Systems Manager, SNS, etc.
- Working knowledge of network concepts (networks, gateways, switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls) and transport protocols (TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, TLS).
- Practical knowledge and experience engineering cloud technologies at scale, especially AWS across multiple organizations and hundreds of accounts
- Working knowledge of software development within a group of engineers using open source CI/CD tools
- Able to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Adept at writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, standard methodologies/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Able to lead large complex projects, drive innovative solutions, and adapt to constraints in order to achieve the project’s goals
- Ability to learn complex system quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment with many business partners
- Familiarity with centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. is a plus
Apple is seeking an outstanding full stack Software Engineer to build mission critical functionality on 3rd party cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP). Our team is responsible for building tools that provide governance (security, compliance, fiscal responsibility, transparency) over compute and storage resources on premise and in 3rd party cloud environments. The successful candidate will be highly ambitious with a passion for excellence, quality, and detail. A healthy security consciousness, exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills, and ability to translate high level goals into workable solutions at scale are imperative. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, DevOps, security concepts, and cloud technologies. Knowledge of cloud governance at scale is a huge plus.
Education & Experience