Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an experienced Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer to help drive Apple’s ongoing PKI strategy and provide guidance and consultation on PKI projects. Digital certificates are used in almost all of Apple's products and enable Apple to provide both better security and a better user experience. They are an integral part of security features in iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, Apple’s Developer program, and online services like the Apple Store, iTunes and iCloud. They are also used to enhance the customer experience in Apple’s retail stores.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong technical background
- Solid command of PKI concepts with a demonstrable understanding of x509 certificate fields and extensions and when and why to use each one
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and relevant standards (i.e. RFC’s 2560, 3647, 5019, 5280, WebTrust for CA, and WebTrust SSL Baseline Requirements)
- Ability to use OpenSSL or other utilities to create and analyze certificates, CRLs, and OCSP responses
- Experience integrating digital certificates with applications and services
- Experience managing complex projects simultaneously
- Experience operating within a WebTrust-compliant control environment is a plus
The person seeking this position must have a passion for PKI. Duties will include onboarding new certificate types by designing CA hierarchies and certificate profiles, providing technical guidance on digital certificates, cryptographic keys, and other cryptographic services, and providing training and technical guidance to key stakeholders on PKI processes and procedures. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and detail.
Education & Experience
BS degree CS/CE or related field required