Engineering Manager, Security
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Information Security team is responsible for developing services to manage and mitigate security risks faced by Apple. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for owning the design, delivery and support of key secure software development capabilities that will enable Built-in security and guardrails to gates initiatives. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that business partners across Apple join your vision for the most customer-centric results possible. We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking individual to lead design and implementation of services that will improve the reliability and quality of our services.
- 5+ years experience leading technical teams
- Strong information security background, specifically in the area of application security and secure software development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Strong project management and presentation development
- Strong People management skills, including the ability to develop, lead, and inspire individual contributors
- Strong team building skills, including ability to set a vision and strategy for the team
- Experience writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, standard methodologies/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience in functional, performance, and unit testing.
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing
- Expertise with CI/CD tools and deployment processes
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Familiar with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
The successful candidate will direct a team that designs and implements new approaches and tools to enable secure software development at Apple. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires expertise in both security and software development. The candidate will lead all aspects of innovative solutions in key areas: - Security - continuously drive improvement of the security posture at Apple - Engineering - continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and services - Design - continuously drive adoption through consistency, readability and usability of services - Reliability - drive fault detection and correction, performance and uptime at global scale - Monitoring - instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time - Automation - enable accelerated infrastructure, application and software configuration deployment
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of meaningful managerial or technical lead experience.