Systems Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Architect, develop and maintain critical software initiatives to enable custom cutting-edge hardware tools for factory and engineering validation use. Responsibilities will include working closely with Apple CoreOS, system EE, architecture, firmware, operations and logistics groups. Position involves significant understanding of both the hardware and firmware/software development realms and how to best develop at their intersection, with focus on developing common iOS and macOS API’s to enable users of specific hardware tools across all Apple project and technology realms.
- 4+ years of software development, preferably for hardware solutions.
- Good knowledge of software frameworks to enable communication at the hardware level. Experience and/or desire to develop firmware solutions, a secondary need to sw level responsibilities.
- Experience enabling sw connectivity to CPU based platforms.
- Ability to work in team-based environment.
- Self-motivated Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to manage many priorities across multiple disciplines.
- Strong programming fundamentals (C/C++ based language, Obj-C preferred).
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
This is a software development role on a team that designs complex embedded hardware solutions for new technologies and automation applications. The continued growth of the software development function on this team is critical to meeting our end customer needs at the API and command line/GUI level on all Apple product spaces. You will work with the critical decision makers in the software/hardware architecture and system level realms on a daily basis. Opportunity to develop custom software solutions at either sub module level or complete from concept. This includes but is not limited to frameworks/API’s, application specific firmware, user level scripts, and web development as needed. Candidate would also assist in hardware debug and bring up on existing projects, including deep dives into ongoing issues of existing hardware devices from a software connectivity standpoint. Up to 15% of International travel required.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE or equivalent.