Software Engineer, Retail Device Management
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the team and contribute to a variety of products and projects that include application development, scripting, and integrations with our Mobile Device Management (MDM) service. If you would like to be part of a spirited team that makes a big impact at Apple, we’d love to hear from you. MDM plays a critical role keeping devices secure within Apple Retail stores. Our systems and services help deliver configurations and applications that allow us to provide an amazing experience within our Apple Retail stores worldwide. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that Retail employees can focus on doing the work they love to do. In addition to managing a very large number of iOS and macOS devices, we also build MDM related services as well as Web, iOS and macOS applications that directly support the Retail organization within Apple.
- Outstanding programming and design skills
- In-depth development experience with modern programming languages (Swift, Python, GO, Java)
- Strong understanding of application security (authentication, authorization, cryptography)
- Experience working with DevOps automation tools deployed in virtual environments; understanding of Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience working with load balancers and databases (MySQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Expertise with troubleshooting complex OS, database, network configuration, and application server issues
- Familiarity with source control; ability to define branching, tagging, and code merging strategies
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communications skills
This is a highly technical hands-on role which requires an in-depth technical understanding of complex systems including software, hardware and networking. We are looking for a candidate who is ambitious and can independently research, suggest and troubleshoot technical issues. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ready and willing to utilize leading edge technologies as well as work collaboratively within a dynamic team environment. As a member of the team, you lead by example and believe that teams not individuals accomplish great things. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience