Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for an experienced System Administrator/Engineer who can help lead the next generation of Apple products. Our infrastructure team is responsible for architecting, building, and scaling distributed systems that enables Apple to manufacture every product. We manage hundreds of bare-metal servers and virtual machines across multiple data centers globally. You will be working closely with our global System Admin, DevOps, Engineering and Partner Experience teams, to maintain the best experience for our business partners and Apple vendors.
- 4 years’ experience in architecting, managing and securing Linux server systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- At least 2 years of work experience in building distributed systems like Hadoop and cloud computing environments.
- Experience in building and managing virtualization environments like VMWare, Nutanix and Linux containers.
- Experience with configuration managers such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible, cloud and container management tools and service offerings.
- Experience in working with Object Storage technologies.
- Experience in building and supporting micro service technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos and Openshift.
- Experience deploying and managing observability tools such as Zenoss, Splunk and ELK stack.
- Experience with web server administration including Apache and NGNIX preferred. Knowledge of database design, support and administration including MySQL, Postgres and HBase advantageous.
- Experience on version control system such as GitHub, GitLab, Beanstalk, etc.
- Go-getter and willing to learn.
- Good logical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills shown through previous projects or work assignments.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
Shape the next generation of distributed infrastructure solutions at Apple by working on the bleeding-edge technologies for the Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team. SDS is looking for outstanding engineers to help bring our environment to the next level. We are an ambitious team that takes appropriate risks, and challenges everything -- including each other. Be a member of the team that is responsible for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s products globally. You will build systems that every iPhone, iPad and Mac have interacted with. Apple’s engineering and operations teams will utilize your systems to build the next remarkably great product. Do something amazing and be a critical part of a company that everyone recognizes and loves. In this role, you will be managing very large-scale, highly available distributed infrastructure supporting many-Petabytes of data and growing very rapidly. You will be a key part of the design, architecture, instrumentation and delivery of a massive data platform empowering Apple’s products. As a member of a multi-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging operational problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. You will be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, instrumenting, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technology solutions for the platform.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- - Experience in building and managing Hadoop/Cloudera platform.
- - Experience managing bare-metal hardware (PXE boot, kickstart)
- - Experience with one or more: Python, SQL, HTTP, TCP/IP