Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Process Engineer to develop new panel processes and equipment for Apple products by closely working with external display partners and internal engineering. Those individuals will have responsibility for equipment and process bring up to demonstrate capabilities of prototype display panels.
- The candidates should have hands-on experience and proven track record in the relevant areas in flat panel industry, semiconductor, advanced process technology development, and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform process DOE and failure analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The willingness and ability to travel are required (up to ~20% of time).
Work closely with Apple engineers in California and Asia, as well as Apple suppliers to develop equipment and set up processes for prototype display panels. Lead engineering investigations on advanced processes to improve process stability and capabilities. Analyze trade-offs between performance, manufacturability, schedule and cost. Work with the development operations teams to establish standard operating procedures for operating and maintaining process equipment. Establish process baseline, optimize process window, and improve process capabilities.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material, Optics Engineering with 3+ years experience or Bachelor/MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material, Optics Engineering with 5+ years experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Thin film deposition process development and characterizations
- OLED evaporation process with patterning experience
- Evaporation material and process integration and associated equipment design and development
- OLED device architecture design and optimization
- Failure analysis with OLED products and process DOE performed experience
- Semiconductor process and equipment