Engineering Program Manager - Haptic
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. In this critical, highly visible role, you will handle projects involving the design, integration and launch of state of the art Imaging & Sensing technologies for world-renowned Apple products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation touch, optical and motion sensing technologies. The Imaging & Sensing Technology team features a team oriented environment with creative, smart people and state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- - Technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of Imaging and/or Sensing technologies. You possess excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- - Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- - Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- - Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members. Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and/or ambiguity.
- - Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a team environment.
- - Limited international travel.
- Lead cross-functional teams including Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Reliability and Firmware Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. - Define the program plan/schedule and manage program execution. Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process. - Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. - Manage development budgets, overseas suppliers and vendors in preparation for, an execution of, engineering development builds leading to mass production. - Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently. - Work with the multi-functional teams to identify and mitigate program risks. Efficiently and effectively react to unexpected changes in the program due to outside influences and/or issues that arise. - Improve the system: look for patterns, offer standard methodologies and implement change.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5-10 years industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.