U.S. Education Field Marketing Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Education team helps institutions transform their teaching and learning environments while growing top-line revenue for Apple. To realize this goal, we gain a deep understanding of the education sectors we engage with—at all levels from strategic to tactical. We create a vision that inspires educators to transform their classrooms using Apple products. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to create plans for solutions and new use cases, and then we help drive execution of the solution. Apple is seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated individual to lead the U.S. Education Field Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving execution of field marketing programs through the education sales team and developing tools to support and strengthen the team. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the higher education and K–12 customer base and have both sales and marketing experience. This position is located onsite in Cupertino, CA.
- 7-10 years of business experience developing and executing integrated marketing programs.
- 5+ years of experience leading a highly-productive and multi-functional team.
- Proactive, clear, and consistent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and work collaboratively across many cross-functional teams.
- Experience delivering strong and measurable results, and presenting those results to leadership.
- Deep experience in creating a variety of demand generation resources and activities targeted towards education customers.
- Experience accurately managing budgets and related timelines.
- Proven ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility, and influence, and drive results throughout an organization at all levels, across many departments in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Solid understanding of the education customer and market.
- Ability to think strategically while also working with the team to produce world-class resources under tight timelines.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated passion for Apple and for education technology.
- Knowledge of Apple products and solutions for education.
- Previous experience in education, marketing, sales enablement, training, and communications.
- Experience working with sales organizations and field marketing teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel 4-6 times per year.
As a U.S. Education Field Marketing Manager, you will lead a team that delivers a wide range of demand generation activities targeted to education customers, including events, conferences, campaigns, and collateral development. Success requires close partnership with the Education sales leaders and sales team, the WW Education Marketing team, and a variety of cross-functional partners to effectively deliver the highest quality and highest impact resources. In this position, you will: - Manage a team of highly-productive and seasoned field marketing personnel. - Partner with the Education sales leadership team on strategy development to drive demand with education customers and support the direct sales teams. - Own the development and implementation of the U.S. Education Field Marketing business plan. - Partner with Worldwide Education Marketing to develop resources and programs that meet the needs of the sales team. - Have a strong understanding of Apple's Education sales leaders, team, and processes to effectively develop the most impactful resources. - Maintain a deep expertise of the education market: customer profile, market landscape, challenges, market messages, and competitive issues. - Manage the U.S. Education Field Marketing budget. - Be an expert on all Apple products, services, and offerings for education. - Research and explore new ideas to innovate and improve demand generation, internal communications, and sales enablement resources.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree in marketing, education, business, or related discipline, preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the education customer and sales enablement is essential, as is a clear understanding of the Apple brand, Apple product use in education, and Apple’s approach to marketing.