Instructional Designer and Facilitator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products Engineering team is looking for an expert Instructional Designer and Facilitator to design programs, produce content, and facilitate courses, for a growing organizational program. You’ll use your instructional design skills and experience to craft and bring to life relevant, engaging, interactive content for a variety of team members all over the world.
- 4+ years of instructional design experience writing curriculum, as well as building and delivering content for training in the tech industry
- Excellent understanding of the latest thinking in adult learning concepts and techniques
- Expertise in course facilitation
- Prior experience delivering training to a global audience with extraordinary ability to build rapport across a wide range of cultures and personalities
- Ability to conduct working sessions with senior leaders to gather learning objectives and content requirements for learning programs
- Familiarity with the functionality of multimedia tools, software and graphics applications, such as (but not limited to) HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keynote, and Final Cut Pro
- Experience authoring content for/within a Content Management System and administering a Learning Management System; familiarity with Saba a plus
- Ability to embrace change enthusiastically
- Can effectively handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines—while delivering high-quality, innovative solutions
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity, generates novel solutions, and delivers best-in-class learning programs You’ll design and build extraordinary learning content for platforms to support many delivery types—including self-paced, web, virtual classroom, and classroom. You’ll write storyboards, produce media, and lessons that utilize technology to achieve learning objectives—including videos, interactive authoring, simulations, games, and more. You’ll deliver new learning strategies that engage, inform, excite, and change the behavior of our Apple Media Products community. You’ll drive the entire training development lifecycle, using principles of adult learning theory and industry design standards such as the ADDIE model. You’ll become an expert on Apple people and process, strategies, and continuously apply that knowledge in your training solutions and across the organization. You’ll apply Apple standards to produce training deliverables in the conversational, intelligent, and elegant style that reflects the Apple brand. You’ll work with people around the world and across Apple—engineering leaders, marketing professionals, business partners, consumer insights teams, regional training, editors, creative teams and more—to rapidly gather information, refine objectives, and produce training that’s relevant and of the highest quality.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.