Senior Artist Campaign Manager
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Platoon is seeking a Senior Artist Campaign Manager for the LA office. As a member of the Platoon team, the person will manage digital and marketing initiatives for Platoon artists. Responsibilities include relationships with major digital platforms, artist strategy, campaign creation, social strategy, content requirements and best practices, radio promotion, artists messaging and imagery for overall release campaigns and careers. This position is an unique opportunity to help lead Platoon’s efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space and work across the roster, and opportunities for Platoon and it’s partners. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. As part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists of all levels through funding, distribution, marketing and A&R. We are executing the vision to develop original music and visual content – while leaving artists free to be who they want and distribute their music where they want.
- Ten plus years work experience in music and digital content, a creative agency, brand and artists marketing, and/or a social media platform
- Extensive experience working directly with artists and their teams while producing results and constructive lines of communication
- You lead teams via direct and indirect lines of management and exercising cross-functional lines of support through both in-house and external partners.
- Oversee all areas of an artist projects across their career from conception to release including press, radio, licensing, marketing, touring, retail, digital, social media and merchandise
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international large scale, time critical projects
- You are results-oriented, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a strong ability to communicate via excellent copy-writing, presentation and creative skills while confidently calling out issues and solutions
- You possess strong analytical talents, the ability see the big picture and synthesize goals and plans within varying levels of ambiguity
- The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a great teammate, manager and leader who is collaborative, positive and flexible
- Flexible and versatile in nature, and with the ability to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
Work directly with the Platoon team, artists and artists managers to plan, create and execute long range music plans. Nurture, protect, and develop the artists own brand and presence across their creative and within their social channels to drive fan awareness and engagement Execute international advertising and promotion campaigns by identifying key markets and platforms to build the most successful campaigns for artists Pay attention to the details, deadlines, and deliverables across all aspects of campaigns while maintaining a positive 'artist first' spirit Optimize the most from Platoon's ecosystem and in-house partners while building new industry connections and opportunities Analyze data to help inform planning and execution within paid-advertising plans, non-paid promotional channels Manage timelines, deliverables and creative asset execution across internal and external teams.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, with strong content marketing and analytical background.