Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come Join Apple TV+. We successfully launched Apple TV+, Apple’s new video streaming service and now we are growing! As part of the Videos QA team you will be responsible for qualifying the backend services that power the TV app by working cross functionally with engineering, product, and design teams.
- Experience in services and protocol testing working with HTTP/JSON/REST APIs
- Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives within Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Proven experience in Test design and planning
- You are passionate for learning the latest testing technologies, tools, and frameworks
- Preferred experience in API Testing of video/media services, recommendation and search services
- Familiarity with web devTools, server side logging tools (Splunk) and HTTP traffic monitoring tools (Charles Proxy, Wireshark etc)
This position requires a passionate individual who possess exceptional troubleshooting and bug diagnostic skills. Software QA Engineer will work closely with Software Development Engineers, Product Management and Business teams to understand business use cases, features designs and technical implementation for them. You are expected to develop test plans and test suites that cover all expected user scenarios for new functionality and account for possible regressions. You’ll be part of complex cross-functional team that powers up all kinds of backend services for Apple TV app.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or similar work experience