Software Delivery Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Software Delivery team is looking for a Software Engineer to build services and solve distributed computing problems in support of the development of Apple's operating systems. In the position you will have the opportunity to join a development team that fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. Responsibilities will include: - Understanding Apple's operating system development workflow and developing new applications to allow them to scale on cloud technologies. - Adapting existing software services in novel ways to support new operating system features. - Developing meta data services and web APIs.
- Passion for continually learning and exploring new technologies.
- Understanding of distributed system fundamentals like consistency and availability.
- Familiar with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and virtualization technologies.
- Development experience with Go, Python or Scala.
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
This job will provide you with: - A team of highly skilled coworkers ready to both mentor and learn from you. - Unique distributed computing problems with an open mind on how they can be solved. - The opportunity to collaborate with talented engineering teams across a wide range of technology disciplines. - The freedom to take ownership and create great software.
Education & Experience
We don’t require formal qualifications since mindset and demonstrated ability are more important.
- These are not hard requirements but this position might be of interest if you have experience with or a desire to learn about:
- - Cloud orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or Mesos.
- - Distributed compute systems like MapReduce, Spark, and Beam.
- - Message buses such as Kafka or Rabbit MQ.
- - BLOB storage technologies.