Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you like the idea of working on services used by millions of passionate people around the world? Do you love working on challenges not yet solved? Apple puts users and user experience first, and is a place where futuristic ideas and innovations have a way of becoming the present through extraordinary products and services. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there is no limit on what you could accomplish. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) role in Apple Media Products (AMP) requires a mix of strategic engineering and design skills along with hands-on technical work. If you are proficient in Java, have a deep understanding about UNIX, have exposure leading and troubleshooting Hadoop and/or NoSQL databases, like to pay attention to detail, and enjoy solving problems, then this is the role for you!
- - 3+ years hands-on experience developing Java with J2EE, UNIX, and object-oriented technologies.
- - Experience with Java unit testing and Multi- threaded programming.
- - Participate in code review, debugging and resolving issues.
- - Working knowledge of source control software (Git).
- - 2+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment.
- - 1+ years of experience on any NoSQL data store such as Voldemort, MongoDB and Couchbase.
- - Proficiency with shell & Python languages.
- - Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a critical environment.
- - Experience with Big Data/Hadoop is a huge plus.
- - Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
- - Ability to thrive in a dynamic, tight deadline delivery timeline.
- - Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- - Able to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction
- - Application code performance tuning.
As a Senior SRE on this team, you handle large NoSQL database infrastructure. You will configure, tune & improve distributed database systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. Here, you will work within the team, and partner with development, application support and system engineering teams to tackle various complex issues. The SRE will debug Java and/or system side to optimize performance, design and architect NoSQL data store, and work on optimizing capacity. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Participate in developing and review Java source code. - Use various Java & system side debugging techniques to optimize the performance. - Design and architecture of NoSQL data store Database infrastructure setup, configuration, upgrading/patching, monitoring, and troubleshooting. - System capacity planning management. - Work with developers in building Non-Relational data models on NoSQL database technologies.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.