OS Performance Tools Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? The OS Performance Tools team is looking to take performance tools to the next level. This is a terrific position for an engineer interested in solving challenging problems involving modeling & visualizing details of iOS/macOS/watchOS systems in novel ways and exposing system behavior with the goal of enabling all of Software Engineering to effectively solve multi-functional performance issues.
- Strong OS & Systems fundamentals
- Expertise in developing and maintaining large software projects
- Excellent software engineering experience in multiple areas, or other experience pointing to success as a generalist
- You seek learning new technologies
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong system level understanding
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose software design and solutions
- Real passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Prior development in Unix, Linux, or macOS
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Strong understanding of low level software and hardware impact
- Experience with performance tools
Work on performance tools that model various aspects of OS to enable team to tackle challenging multi-functional performance problems. You will be solving problems in the areas of usability/UX, cross-platform compatibility, and techniques for debugging performance issues across the OS. Our team owns a wide variety of software across the stack and are investing more heavily in server processing and web development. An ideal candidate will be ambitious and grow to understand many layers of our software but will start by contributing with web/server backend experience.
Education & Experience
CS degree or equivalent experience
- PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our San Diego, California location. Travel of up to 20% will also be required.