Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Learning & Comms Functional Analyst/Project Manager is a position within the Customer Systems (IS&T) Learning & Comms team that will focus on functional analysis and technical project management needs across systems that support AppleCare and other Corporate users. Our secure, scalable, accessible and sustainable systems play a key role in providing learning management and communications solutions to large global audiences both within and outside of Apple. Our environment is fast paced and multifaceted - you will never be bored!
- 5-7 years business analysis and technical project management experience working with large scale enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (including agile and traditional waterfall), and project management tools
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to explain complex business and technical issues and requirements to a variety of audiences
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple tasks under pressure without frequent direct supervision
- Must work well in a cross functional, geographically and time-zone distributed team environment
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity and be fearless in asking questions in order to learn and understand
- Must be comfortable with frequent changes and respond quickly to change in business scenarios, projects, timelines, and requirements - adapting accordingly and positively.
Work with the business to understand their processes, create appropriate documentation, and work within our team to determine how automated solutions may better meet the business needs Have strong, persistent investigative skills in order to do research and propose solutions to complex production issues sometimes involving multiple systems Craft, handle, and execute project plans, documentation, and schedules for multiple projects within the team Monitor and report on important project management features including scope, resources, schedules, and risks throughout the project lifecycle Analyze datasets with a particular purpose in mind while also searching for new insights Provide analytical support to the business, development and QA teams to insure quality decisions are made Conduct effective meetings, document progress and track action items
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.