GNSS Firmware Engineer - Positioning Engine
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SoC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a GNSS Positioning Engine Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, developing positioning scheme for novel ultra-low-power GNSS applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of embedded software development as well as a strong background in embedded wireless systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of GNSS positioning engine (PE) development experience: understanding of GNSS measurements, orbital mechanics, statistical estimation, least squares, Kalman filter, matrix computation, RAIM, AGNSS.
- Strong background in embedded software development using C, C++ and assembly languages, familiarity with RTOS, ARM CPU and DSP.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as MATLAB, Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Experience implementing diagnostics, manufacturing tests, and protocol compliance test software.
Work closely with system/algorithm and measurement engine team in developing GNSS positioning engine (PE). Work closely with location platform software team to develop ME/PE interface. Work closely with product test and protocol stack teams to resolve any issues arising as part of product and interoperability testing.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE/Geomatics or equivalent is preferred.