Map Quality Analyst Lead, Apple Maps Evaluation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are a team of subject matter experts measuring the quality of a range of Apple Maps algorithms, such as Map search, recommendations, and routing. Our group works with the engineering and data teams responsible for developing the algorithms, and provides them with quality metrics for their products and ideas for improvements. Our evaluation data is generated by large teams of human judges, and represents the end user experience of Apple Maps.
- Ability to write detailed and precise instructions for non-technical people.
- Experience training large groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Effective communication across teams of engineers, statisticians and data scientists.
- Thrive in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Passion for improving Apple Map’s user experience.
We are looking for a Map Quality Lead to join the Evaluation team at Apple Maps in order to implement a range of evaluations. We are looking for someone with strong understanding of user experience for Maps and Search, and excellent written and analytical skills. The position involves the following responsibilities: Develop and maintain guidelines for new and existing evaluation tasks. Create training materials. Communicate with data customers to understand task requirements and escalate issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience/background in search, training, technical writing.