Senior Standards Policy Legal Counsel
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You will help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be able to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Apple has an opening for a Senior Standards Policy Legal Counsel. Responsibilities include developing global advocacy strategies, implementing global advocacy activities and directly advocating on standards and IP policy related topics with government agencies and in standards setting organization policy groups and counseling clients on standards-related matters. As part of Apple’s Standards team you will collaborate with team members and Apple internal stakeholders in Cupertino, Europe, Asia and other locations. Travel will be required. This is a great opportunity for a talented, ambitious lawyer or policy advocate to contribute to the success of some of the most groundbreaking products in the world.
- Counsel clients on standards and IP policy related legal matters.
- Participate in standards setting organization governance committees and IP policy working groups.
- Assess and analyze relevant rules and regulations across a broad range of issues that may have an impact on Apple’s business.
- Report to management and seek feedback on all relevant initiatives.
- Develop position papers and talking points aimed at shaping the direction and content of potential initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with a number of internal partners, including legal, government affairs and relevant business teams.
Based in the Apple Sunnyvale or DC office, reporting to the Legal Director for Standards based in Sunnyvale, you will develop global advocacy strategies, coordinate global standards advocacy activities and advocate directly with government agencies and standards setting organizations on standards and IP policy related topics.
Education & Experience
JD. USPTO Registration or degree in engineering, computer science is a plus.