RF System Test/Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you're passionate about quality, we may have the job for you. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. The Wireless Technologies and Ecosystem team is looking for an individual with strong Cellular/RF System knowledge and skills with a focus on test engineering to help ensure quality.
- Excellent understanding of of 3G, 4G and 5G cellular technologies
- Hands-on experience with RF Functional, Parametric and Performance testing
- Key contributor in projects related to RF/modem performance and improvements
- Excellent understanding and hands on experience with testing LTE CA, MIMO and Beam-forming
- Lab testing experience with signal generators, analyzers, mobile test phone platforms and commercial test simulators and test systems
- Familiarity with radiated measurements, antennas, chambers, and calibration
- Proficiency in automation tools and scripting languages
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver the best product experience
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers
As a RF System Test/Triage Engineer, you will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the latest wireless products. Your focus will be testing Wireless RF SW for Apple’s innovative devices.You will be responsible for testing RF Parametric and Modem features including but not limited to MIMO, Carrier Aggregation and Beam forming. You will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases. You will also utilize and maintain automated test infrastructure.You will play an active role in debugging and root causing issues and driving them towards resolution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on communication systems or equivalent experience.
- MSEE preferred