GNSS Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SoC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a GNSS ME Validation Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative GNSS design team, developing GNSS technology and SoC for novel ultra-low-power location-based applications.
- BS/MS in Electrical engineering, Geomatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in GNSS/GPS validation
- Strong python programming
- Embedded SW experience with C/C++
- Knowledge of protocols such as AGPS, AGNSS, NMEA
- Experience with digital interfaces such as SMB/SPMI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking, Git and JIRA
Develop automated test frameworks for GNSS measurement engine (ME) validation and regression testing Develop and execute test plan and test cases Collect, organize and manage the test database Quantify functional, stress, and performance maturity of GNSS systems Assess key performance indicators including RF metrics and power consumption Carry out field GNSS testing and data collection Collaborate closely with HW, FW, SW, and GNSS system QA teams Support first-level triage and debug of issues Generate test reports detailing ongoing performance and functionality Expand coverage across multiple devices and GNSS targets
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE or equivalent is preferred.