Manager, Manufacturing Process Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Manufacturing Process Engineering (MPE) team at Apple is driving the groundbreaking of manufacturing technology for displays in Apple’s products! We are responsible for the development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for displays in the next generation iPhone.
- The ideal candidate will need to have 10+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of high volume manufacturing processes and equipment in the flat panel display, LED, semiconductor, or consumer electronic industry.
- Experience in several of the following process technologies is required: bonding, lamination, inkjet printing, screen printing, etching, cleaning, thermal processing, laser processing, roll-to-roll processing.
- Experienced at building designs of experiment (DOE) and performing advance statistical analysis of the data from DOE.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical process controls (SPC) methods and theory.
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and demonstrated ability to perform tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required, including executive level presentation skills and ability to drive multi-functional teams.
- Proven track record of managing, developing, and growing a team engineers with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Proficiency in multiple languages including Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese is a plus.
As a Manufacturing Process Engineering Manager, you will lead the development and engineering of process technology and manufacturing equipment to enable new features for display and sensor modules of Apple products! Engineers may be based in multiple countries across supply chain locations in Asia. We partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. We then drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. In the later program phases, you will own the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and efficiency, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production. International travel required (up to 25%).
Education & Experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering, or other similar field, MS/MBA preferred.