System Architect - Audio Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio Products group behind AirPods is searching for an exceptional candidate to develop future architectures for amazing products; products only Apple could imagine and more importantly deliver. Our team is first and foremost a product team; we play a role in product and roadmap definition, we drive key technologies by partnering with diverse teams of experts, and we implement, validate and manufacture the hardware that gives life to beautifully crafted products. We are searching for a system architect to develop the technologies to continue delivering amazing products for years to come. To be a successful architect on this team, you must have two foundational attributes: First, your electrical engineering fundamentals must be very solid. You have a great deal of experience at all levels of system design. This means you understand silicon design, you have authored detailed specifications across multiple technologies, and have experience in all aspects of system designs (interfaces, SoC’s / MCU’s, memories, sensors, etc.). Second, your personality must be equal parts motivated and thoughtful. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and skilled in working through it in order to bring clarity to your project and peers. You enjoy establishing relationships and inspiring others to want to support you and your efforts.
- Architecture development and new technology scoping, and authoring of appropriate documentation to communicate it. Some efforts will be internal, some will include external vendors.
- Maintaining an understanding of where different technologies are heading across the industry.
- Initial simulations and paper analyses of critical system metrics.
- Mentor and lead engineers and interns.
- Deliver clear and concise reports and slide decks to communicate the status of projects, and evangelize the work of our team. This typically involves frequent presentations to executives.
Play a significant role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with virtually every discipline involved in the process: Product Design / Mechanical Engineering Firmware Custom Silicon Design iOS Acoustics Industrial Design EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. The position is based in Cupertino at Apple's headquarters. Some international travel may be required, as our teams go on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success.
Education & Experience
Technical degree preferred, but open to makers and thought leaders that execute.