Maps Quality Specification Product Owner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps Quality Specification Product Owner is responsible for creation and maintenance of Quality Specifications (requirements and metadata) of Basemap data checks. Checks are the foundation of data quality at Apple Maps, without which there would be no enforcement or measurement of product quality or specifications.
- 3+ years experience of relevant industry experience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis and experience.
- Experience accessing and understanding geographic datasets in a global context.
- Experience working with quality assurance and control systems.
- Experience reading, reviewing, and editing technical specifications.
- Experience communicating complex spatial concepts to software developers in a highly efficient and logical way.
- Significant familiarity developing and working within a collaborative, wiki-style environment.
- Able to work productively in a team or independently as required, with a focus on quality.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
Write new Quality Specifications or modify existing ones using tools and process. Screen, prioritize and triage reported bugs and requested changes to Data Quality enforcement code base from various groups within Apple organization. Review new and requested revisions to Quality Specifications to ensure compliance with documented software and data content specifications. Assemble information by consulting requestors, stakeholders, software developers and data owners. Provide Daily support to software developers (aka Check Writers). Run data validation jobs and analyze results for quality control in varying data pipelines. Run layer and coverage meetings with stakeholders and software developers. Prioritize promotion of checks to gating check groups. Engage with data teams as necessary to assist understanding of the Quality Spec and prioritization of data cleanup. Understand the data pipeline and the appropriate placement of checks within the pipeline. Understand the Content Specifications and Product Definitions intimately. Anticipate how changes will affect existing Quality Specifications. Proactively close gaps in coverage. Assist with changes in system architecture and process. Assist with autofix logic. Help determine what the possible fixes might be in case of multiple possibilities.