Virtualization Technologies Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Be a part of making the next generation of Apple products. Join an interdisciplinary team in Apple’s Core OS group working across the entire system, from the kernel up through libraries, frameworks, and applications. As an engineer you will have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple’s embedded and desktop operating system products, collaborating closely with experts throughout Apple’s software and hardware organizations. You'll work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry. We are looking for a candidate who wants to be challenged and is passionate about working on products that affect the lives of millions of users.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift a plus
- Experience working on virtualization technologies – CPU virtualization or device emulation
- Experience with kernel and/or device driver development
- Experience working with assembly languages
- Familiarity with hardware virtualization technologies
- Understanding of operating systems internals
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
Hardware virtualization is core foundational technology, and you’ll be implementing new hypervisor capabilities working across the stack from kernel to system frameworks.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills