Senior Health Software Engineer: Server - Clinical Health Insights
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly, and making the kind of impact that changes people's lives. The Apple Health Software team embodies the core Apple values around delighting our customers with groundbreaking user experiences, empowering users to live a better - and healthier - life, while keeping their data safe, private, and secure. Our team needs your help shaping the next generation of health-related experiences by working on the underlying technologies for data ingestion, modeling, and reasoning. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunities to work with world class physicians, designers, and engineers to help innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can. As a member of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with data at scale, graph technologies, data modeling, and reasoning engines.
- Note: We don't require that you have experience with all of this to begin with, but it is directly relevant to the role.
- Background developing, testing and maintaining scalable object oriented and functional style code.
- Experience bringing an impactful feature or experience to fruition by collaborating with teams with dynamic strengths
- Ability to maintain a living and complex codebase with a modern stack.
- Demonstrate expertise in concurrency and memory management (knowledge of the Actor Model a plus).
- Experience in Healthcare space a plus.
- Knowledge of reasoning engines/graph models a plus.
In this role, you will be working on one or more applications that enable our Health Software Team to manage and analyze data to create great content for Health Software. We produce experiences that help experts visualize, understand, and manage data pipelines. You will take part in the ownership of the product design, implementation, and maintenance. To accomplish this, you will be expected to collaborate with a diverse team with varied strengths including clinicians and data analysts, as well as iOS and quality engineers.
Education & Experience
BA / BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- • Strong interest and background in Health and Wellness topics.
- • An understanding of the technology and approaches for knowledge representation and semantic reasoning in a healthcare setting, e.g., semantic web technologies, graph databases, or deep relational data modeling.
- • Strong experience in either backend or front end coding along with a willingness to work on the full stack.
- • Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills and utilizes Dev Ops Run Books.
- • Experience with health standards and medical coding systems is preferred.
- • Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.