iOS Engineer, Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
"I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, 'What was Apple’s greatest contribution to mankind?' it will be about health.” – Tim Cook, 2019 Apple Health Software team embodies the core Apple values around delighting our customers with groundbreaking user experiences, empowering users to live a better - and healthier - life, while keeping their sensitive health data safe, private, and secure. Our team, Clinical Health Insights, focuses on end user experiences that help users feel more empowered by the data in their medical records, and feel less overwhelmed when interacting with the healthcare system. We’re looking for an iOS engineer to dive into these cutting-edge challenges with data, and build out our health records experiences on device. As a member of the team, you'll have the opportunities to work with world class medical professionals, designers, and engineers to help innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can.
- Note: We don't require that you have experience with all of this to begin with, but it is directly relevant to the role.
- Experience delivering high quality software with an eye for customer experience
- Technical experience with native iOS development and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seeks to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Strong API design knowledge
- Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, lldb, Instruments)
- Experience in Healthcare space a plus
- Experience in graph databases a plus
In this role, you will take part in the ownership of the product design, implementation, and feature development to build new and exciting experiences around health records. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You are excited about developing new features, as well as maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You care deeply about software architecture and writing code that is robust and maintainable for the future. You take the extra step to run your projects through instruments and fine-tune performance to deliver the best experience to users. You know it’s all in the details.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience. Various experience levels encouraged to apply.