Communications Systems Engineer - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Together we will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. In this role you will be a key member of the Wireless Architecture team supporting the development of wireless technologies and algorithm development in support of all Apple platforms. We are looking for an expert Communications Systems Engineer to contribute to inventing and developing new wireless features (i.e., hardware, software, algorithms, etc.) to improve Apple's existing products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more.
- You will have 10+ years of Research and Development background in digital signal processing and wireless communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbally and written, including capability to drive meetings to make key decisions on wireless technologies
- Strong foundation in estimation theory, including CRBs, signal detection, and parameter estimation
- Understanding of Communication theory including WCDMA, LTE, or WiFi PHY architecture, signal design, and channel coding
- Understanding of PHY and link layer simulation is helpful
- Wireless channel models for communications, sensing, and their simulation
- Knowledge of antennas, arrays, MIMO techniques for communications and wireless sensing
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment and measurement techniques is required
As the Communications Systems Engineer, you will evaluate, model, test, and define new wireless technologies, algorithms, and features that will differentiate our platforms. Develop proof of concept platforms (in HW & SW). You will contribute to algorithms, modeling, test, and architectural definition across all of our wireless solutions. Work with cross-functional teams, including Core Location and Core Motion, to drive and integrate new wireless capabilities and technologies onto our platforms.
Education & Experience
MS degree in Electrical Engineering. Ph.D. is preferred