Systems QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The HW Automation Team is looking for a creative and motivated Systems QA Automation Engineer with excellent analytical, programming, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. This position is focused around building automation for a range of projects like Apple TV, HomePod and WATCH, executing the automation and analyzing its results. It requires strong technical ownership and attention to detail. Ideally, you should have experience working with consumer-facing products, owning and authoring framework-level automation, and the ability to build mechanical systems with sensors/actuators, and write the SW to drive them.
- Experience crafting and using robotics/mechatronics to build automated solutions.
- Experience working with a wide range of sensors and actuators, and building circuits/systems that interface with them.
- Experience working with development boards like Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Experience developing frameworks from scratch using industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to solve hard problems with creative and maintainable solutions.
- Focus on details and strive for product excellence.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Build mechanical or robotic automated test systems, incorporating sensors and actuators to interface with Apple products. - Create, modify, and execute tests for hardware/software at the system level. - Analyze automation results, and use them to regress, isolate and report all issues found during testing. - Be responsible for a technical area and deliver polished automation solutions for it. - Develop and maintain clean test automation frameworks and test cases. - Write test plans and other test documentation as the need arises. - Collaborate with cross-functional peers (e.g. QA teams, Developers, and Managers). - Be a vocal proponent for quality internally and externally. - Report status on a regular basis and meet deadlines.
Education & Experience
- BS Mechatronics/CE/ECE/EECS/ME or equivalent (MS preferred)
- NICE TO HAVE
- - SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing HW/SW products.
- - Software development of automation, application, or drivers.
- - In-depth understanding of iOS, OS X, or Unix