Acoustics Administrative Assistant
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our Acoustics Team has a rare opportunity for an innovative, highly motivated Administrative Assistant to join us. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a diverse, fast-paced environment and can act as a trusted resource to others. No two workdays will be the same in this exciting role.
- Minimum 5 years of Administrative support experience; previous experience supporting an Engineering team is a plus.
- Well organized, detail oriented and has proven time-management skills.
- An ability to display a high level of integrity and professionalism in dealing with people at all levels is imperative.
- A positive and approachable personality while being able to anticipate change and react efficiently. Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- An ability to utilize tact, diplomacy discretion and good judgement at all times, but especially when exposed to sensitive or confidential material.
- Savvy to work under pressure while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Comfortable working with little supervision on daily assignments, taking initiative whenever necessary.
- Flexibility/adaptability is key, as this position has a large range of tasks and grows with the team’s growth.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with iCal, Keynote, Mail and other OS X based office systems a plus.
You will be responsible for online ordering and PO placement, keeping track of office supplies and equipment in our mail room. As part of this role you will work closely with facilities on a daily basis, following up as needed, acting as the main contact. You will be responsible for organizing new hire set-up which includes ordering equipment, securing office space, and communicating with managers to ensure a smooth start for all new hires. As part of our team you will support the planning/coordinating of on-site meetings and team events, including room reservations, catering and entertainment requirements. You will help in organizing snacks/drinks, and work on certain elaborate projects as needed.
Education & Experience
AA/AS degree is required, BA/BS degree is preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.