Site Reliability Engineer - ACI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our team is building the next generation tools. The engineers on this team are empowered to build & deploy the products our customers love. We are a fast moving, highly skilled team designing and building a cloud deployment system that Apple’s engineers use to deploy and host their applications. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and hardworking systems engineers who love dealing with such challenges.
- AS A SYSTEMS ENGINEER ON THE TEAM, YOU SHOULD:
- Be intimately familiar with continuous deployment and infrastructure management
- Passionate about automation, tooling and monitoring
- Have the ability to design and build scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems
- Be curious about how systems work and how they fail
- Love open source, process driven development and collaboration
- Be detailed oriented. perfectionists also welcome!
- Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience
- Be a student, teammate and a mentor
SOME TECHNICAL SKILLS WE FIND MEANINGFUL: Deep system level understanding of Linux (preferably RedHat derivatives) System level programming including scripting in Ruby and/or Python Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet and/or chef Virtual machines, containers and tools like Vagrant and Docker Container Deployment systems: ECS, Apache Mesos, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes Expert knowledge on managing infrastructure on public cloud: AWS and/or GCP
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment