Software Application Support Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Employee Systems team is seeking a Software Application Support Engineer who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core application services for a number of applications. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. To run our environment efficiently, we drive for automation and build frameworks which help ease both the end user experience and the manageability by our team. The teams direction is to strive for automation to ensure reliability at the highest level. You will work with some of the coolest people and technologies on the planet, including: OS X, iOS, Oracle, MongoDB, Restful web services, and web platform technologies including Spring, Apache, and more. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background.
- Experience supporting mission critical production applications in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrable track record of using a logical debugging methodology to solve complex production issues in a customer-facing role.
- Strong and proven track record of being proactive by creating alerting, monitoring, or product enhancements to prevent issues before they happen.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs.
- Some working knowledge of HR and/or Payroll products such as Workday, Oracle HCM, Salesforce, PeopleSoft, SAP Success Factors, or ADP is a plus
- Experience with database technologies, preferably NoSQL.
- Familiarity with logging systems like Splunk.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, AppDynamics or equivalent.
- Track record in solving complex problems with a multi-functional team and multiple partners to solve large scale production issues.
- Basic understanding of DevOps processes.
- Some experience with software development or scripting. Ability to read and understand source code and debug applications.
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN or Git)
- Good Oral and written english interpersonal skills
- Passionate and inquisitive to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
The Employee Systems team is responsible to build Employee related business applications. You will be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. RESPONSIBILITIES: You will help engineer and maintain innovative software applications. The Application Support Engineer will not only support operations, but also work closely with the development engineers within the team to aid in architectural design and assist with implementation of complex features. You will be responsible to improve the performance, availability, scalability and monitoring of all of Employee Systems. You will work closely with business partners, other engineering teams, quality assurance and management. This is a hands on support and coding role and you must be able to coordinate with a global team. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is always at the forefront and one of the keys measures of Success. Be able to work well in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo. Cassandra is a huge plus - Familiarity with UI stack (HTML/JQuery/ Angular is a huge plus) - Familiarity with Kafka is a plus - Search Technologies like Elasticsearch, Lucene