Patent Portfolio Manager/Patent Agent
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on bold new challenges? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? We uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, and defend Apple’s intellectual property. You’ll provide legal support for our world-class wireless devices. Working for a company that invents new product categories and creates new industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your extensive legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. We are seeking a Patent Portfolio Manager to join our Legal team.
- Registered Patent Attorney or Patent Agent.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Experience drafting and prosecuting patent assets, managing portfolios, developing patent strategies, conducting patent analysis, and providing support for standards, transactions, and litigation efforts.
- Experienced in wireless telecommunications, cellular protocols, and communications hardware.
- Familiar with cellular standardization (e.g., 3GPP).
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
We seek to hire a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent to assist in developing and curating the company’s wireless communications patent portfolio. You will work with the business to build and purposefully prosecute the associated worldwide patent portfolio and strategy. This includes identifying patentable inventions; securing high-quality, strategic patent assets; providing expert technical and legal analysis; handling patent challenges; providing guidance in support of patent transactions and licensing matters; assigning and managing work performed by outside law firms; and working with engineering and other business organizations to understand priorities and challenges. This position also will provide cross-functional support for acquisition due diligence, IP licensing, enforcement, standards, and litigation activities.
Education & Experience
USPTO Registration and BS degree in EE/CS/CE required. JD preferred.