Product Design Producer, Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an enthusiastic Design Producer to support the Apple TV product design team. The Apple TV app is all your TV. All in one app. Just the premium channels you want. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services. The biggest TV providers. And original shows and movies from Apple TV+. It’s personalised and expertly curated, so you’ll discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in one place. On all your screens. It’s simple — the new Apple TV app is the ultimate way to watch TV. The new Apple TV app is already available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD. Be a part of an exciting, growing team and help craft the future of video entertainment! This is a fast-paced team that solves complex user experience challenges. We believe design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. The Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. An effective Producer advances design efforts by diving deeply into the issues at hand, identifying and mitigating risks to the project, handling dependencies, and tracking all issues impacting deliverables and schedules. This person will partner with the Design Manager to drive design projects from ideation to delivery. They will guide each project through the design process and ensure forward momentum by tracking and reporting project status, seeking closure to open questions, identifying next steps and risks, and facilitating design reviews. They will serve as the liaison between Design and cross-functional teams (Product Management, Engineering, Business).
- 7+ years as a producer or program manager with recent experience leading software design. Experience working on SaaS products is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of UX/UI ideation, execution, and delivery processes.
- Excellent understanding of design-thinking and user experience excellence.
- Basic understanding of native application development.
- Shown ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Ability to achieve balance in a chaotic creative environment by implementing the right amount of structure and process.
- Employs a proactive project management style with a keen ability to identify and mitigate risks to a project.
- Ability to prioritize your time by identifying and focusing on key issues.
- You might be a good fit if you:
- Have a compelling desire to deliver innovative and exceptional UI design to our customers.
- Have a mind for effective workflow.
- Value respect, trust, and healthy debate.
- Want to be on a team where design and user experience is represented and defended.
- Want to work on a team where the best ideas win regardless of source.
- Have a passion for Apple, our products, our values, and our customers. A passion for TV is a bonus.
- Lead design projects, from conception to delivery. - Partner with Product Managers to define requirements, goals and limitations. - Drive towards clarity by monitoring and seeking answers for open questions from business partners across the org. - Build and maintain cross-functional relationships and partnerships. - Negotiate priorities given limited resources and an ambitious schedule. - Act as a filter for the design team to allow them to focus on their priorities and avoid distractions from the day-to-day. - Oversee handoff of design and functional specs to engineering. - Lead validation of builds to ensure design integrity and intended user experience has remained intact during implementation. - Work with Engineering counterparts to ensure backlog is prioritized and scheduled. - Constantly strive for improved workflow to solve challenges and avoid repeat issues.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent experience.