Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) first delighted users with downloadable music in April 2003 with the opening of the iTunes Store. Since then, AMP has delivered countless innovations around the digital delivery of audio and video, and in 2008 revolutionized smartphone app distribution with the launch of the App Store. Being the source for so much digital content requires maintaining relationships with a vast number of providers, from record labels to movie studios to app developers. The Digital Supply Chain Engineering team (DSCE) is responsible for ensuring that new content is uploaded, processed, cataloged, and available on our storefronts when the provider expects it to be, and with the highest quality. We are looking for a forward thinking self-starter to join the Content Delivery team. From our roots revolutionizing the music industry, we have grown to encompass not only music, but also audiobooks, e-books, TV, movies, the iOS App Store, the Mac App Store, and more. All of this content requires a best-in-class, large-scale, automated content ingestion system and digital asset repository in order to be expertly delivered from content providers and prepared for distribution to customers. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- At least 2+ years experience developing high transaction volume applications in Java.
- Experience with server-side systems and service-oriented architectures.
- In-depth experience with object-oriented design and programming.
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL.
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements, to interacting directly with partners, to thrive in multi-functional teams on critical projects, and to juggle multiple priorities.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with messaging, queuing, and workflow systems
On this team you will participate in crafting and implementing support for delivery of content to support customer-facing features of the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music and Apple Books. You will build APIs and services to vend content to developers and content providers, as well as other systems at Apple. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral skills. Besides purely technical aspects, the ability to interact directly with the partners, and deduce the technical requirements for a project based on fragmentary business input is very important. The ability to be a good teammate under deadline constraints in addition to the ability to take on problems with forward-thinking solutions is key to success in this position. This is a rare opportunity to join the Apple Media Products team. In many ways Apple Media Products is the beating heart at the center of Apple’s product offerings. Very few teams have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team's management of content!
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- This position is in a small team that is tightly focused on a specific set of critically important systems. Your ability and self-motivation to learn new technologies, and promote novel solutions to the problems at hand, is important to success. The team is remotely distributed across the continental US, so strong communication skills are necessary.