Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The AMP QA Team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our group in a hybrid black box/white box role. Responsibilities include; performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing apps on MacOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Windows, and Android. Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test cases, automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
- Proven experience black box testing Client-Server products
- Proven knowledge of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other web related fundamentals
- Understanding of different classes of testing: e.g. unit test, integration/functional test, stress/load test
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to identify opportunities for technical improvement
- Comfortable with Unix commands and shell scripts
- Good communication skills to collaborate across teams
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands an ambitious individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. You possess outstanding analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and communicate clearly with third parties. You should also posses the ability to implement automated tests in an existing framework and also have the desire to perform end to end black box testing with a keen focus on the customer experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience