Senior Manager, Engineering Project Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you an accomplished Engineering Project Manager who also has experience leading a team of Engineering Project Managers? We are looking for that individual who is “a force of nature,” someone who takes ownership and is committed to delivering great products. This is someone who can coordinate and lead a team of project managers in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional environment. The Productivity Project Management team is looking for a leader who wants to bring their passion for application development and can motivate a team to deliver the best Apple experiences. Our team combines strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of all things project management to bring together the pieces needed to deliver an extraordinary user experience with Apple software products. Come join Apple and do your life's best work, delivering software applications that delight millions of users around the world every day!
- 8+ years of engineering project management delivering mobile, desktop, and server-side applications.
- Expert project manager with full project lifecycle experience
- 3+ years leading direct reports
- Experience managing projects using Agile software development e.g. Scrum or Kanban, and collaborating with cross-functional teams; Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Manages project risk, anticipates issues, and able to address and resolve complex problems
- Knows how to follow through on work
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to be able to partner with executive management and cross functional teams
- Deep understanding of Software product development lifecycle; software engineering experience is a huge plus
The position requires an individual who can work cross-functionally with multiple organizations and at the same time provide the management support to their direct reports. In addition, the supported engineering teams use Scrum to deliver their work. This manager must be a mentor to their team of EPMs as they support and fine-tune the Scrum process with engineering.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical discipline.