Mechanical Analysis and Simulation Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Hardware Engineering team is looking for an analysis and simulation tools engineer with at least two years of professional experience. The candidate is required to be proficient with analysis and simulation solutions across the spectrum of mechanical design problems. Specific experience in solutions from Ansys and/or Abaqus is desired. The work environment is very multifaceted and requires excellent time management skills. You are good at prioritizing, work independently, react quickly to customer demands and can work optimally under demanding timelines while balancing the ongoing development and scalability of the tools we support. In this role your responsibility will range from pre/post-processing application support to developing outstanding workflows for the analysis and simulation of products across Apple. You will be empowered to work with key product team members to identify problem areas, optimization opportunities and generate requirements. You will develop new methods to analyze complex designs to enable the assessment of their quality before manufacturing. Finally, you will have the ability to set the technical direction for multi-functional teams as you strategically plan and tactically execute company-wide solutions.
- You will possess 5+ years of experience with mechanical simulation tools such as Ansys, Abaqus,
- A confirmed understanding of CAE fundamentals
- You will have experience with structural, thermal, electro-mechanical and adhesive analysis
- Ability to script simulation workflows
- An effective communicator with a strong desire to share knowledge with multi-functional teams, team members and management
- Thrives in a wide-ranging work environment, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to write clear and concise user documentation and training
You will perform analysis and simulation application support for product design engineers. You will also design, develop, and document analysis and simulation workflows on leading edge product designs. Work with multi-functional partners to define use cases, brainstorm solutions and generate requirements and act as domain authority and evangelize leading edge analysis and simulation solutions to the hardware engineering community As a Mechanical Analysis and Simulation Tools engineer, you will work with vendors to ensure that Apple’s needs are understood and met and work under ambitious schedules, independently and within a larger project context, to achieve initiatives.
Education & Experience
MS in Mechanical Engineering