Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an expert tester to work as part of our fast-growing quality assurance group. In this role you will be defining test approaches and test plans for assigned functional test areas, growing our current test cases and executing required tests. You will own complete functional areas and must be able to define test approaches and strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, Integration and reliability testing. Excellent written and verbal communications is a must. You must be comfortable working across multiple teams; coordinating cross functional meetings; presenting feature definition, discussing QA team responsibilities, sending out meeting minutes, prioritizing test results, and rolling up the results to management.
- Working on Video and OTT application testing - for example Apple TV or TV OS (or similar applications)
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Accessibility experience is a must
- Proven bug detection and regression skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Must be ambitious, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Extensive use of QA tools and automation
- Use of CharlesProxy or use of any network monitoring tools
- Using proxy tools to debug the data flows from applications to services
- Comfortable with command line use (terminal)
- Video knowledge desirable
The SQA Engineer is encouraged to possess the skills necessary for working closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the development process. This position requires an ambitious and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. You must be detailed at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk. In addition, this position requires someone who can balance manual as well as automation testing, and can work in a fast-paced testing environment.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience