Optical Sensing HW - Optical Sensing HW Engineer (ALS)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation optical-sensing technologies. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. The optical sensing team integrates optical sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads and Macs. The optical sensing team is looking for someone who is a self-driven go- getter. Strong experience with optics, optical system design, and detectors is required. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Strong background in optical design
- Experience with optical lab equipment (microscopes, spectrometers, detector, etc.) and experiments
- Basic knowledge in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Optical simulation experience is a plus
- Experience supporting volume manufacturing is a plus, such as failure analysis, statistics, etc.
You will be developing and validating optical sensors. You will be expected to Analyze data to draw conclusions, enhance product design/manufacturability, and drive failure analysis. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. Product simulation and data analysis using a variety of software tools to support engineering validation and characterization, such as Matlab, Python, JMP, etc. Failure mode analysis, root-cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving up to 10% travel required
Education & Experience
Degree in Optics, Physics or equivalent. B.S./M.S. with 5+ years industry experience, or Ph.D.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.