Senior Software Engineer - Apple Device Diagnostics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Device Diagnostics platform engineering team at Apple builds the platform that powers the cloud-based, embedded field diagnostics for billions of Apple products used by our customers every day. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team of world-class software engineers building the core services powering the platform. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, collaborating with other engineering teams and building highly scalable applications this is the team for you.
- A solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with open source technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency applications.
- Solid CS background, concurrent programming, and data structures.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL technologies like Cassandra.
- Deep understanding of TCP, websockets, and libraries like Netty.
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Exposure to other languages such as Lua would be desirable.
- Ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
In this role you will be hands on with architecture, design and development. Many project will come with unique challenges and will require you to maintain your composure while delivering innovative solutions. You will often work with cross functional teams and internal partners and your ability to collaborate and influence will be key predictor of success. You will have the opportunity to innovate, make decisions and champion your ideas with peers, management and other engineering team. This will require individuals to be highly motivated and have a passion for engineering great solutions.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with at least 5 years of experience in relevant technologies.