Legal Counsel - Global Supply Chain (technology transactions)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. At Apple, we are dedicated to making the best products on the planet. We have an opportunity for a talented lawyer to join our team of diverse, creative, and passionate people. As a member of the Products Law Group, you will work with Apple’s engineering, operations, and marketing teams to help create and introduce Apple products to the world.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience preferred
- Requires a proven ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, advise executive management, and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Possessing strong communication and analytical skills, superior business sense, and the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- It will be best suited for a self-starter who is curious, loves technology, and thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Prior work experience in the semiconductor and/or wireless industries would be a plus
- Some travel required
In this role, you will join a team of attorneys in the Products Law Group who support development teams, advising engineering and operations teams on a wide variety of matters, including technology development, intellectual property licenses, and supplier relationships. You will collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business and engineering teams to strategize on, draft and negotiate complex technology licenses, development agreements, manufacturing agreements, and other commercial agreements. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials and admission to at least one state bar.