AMP Platform Security Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products group has an immediate opening for an operations security engineer. This is a hands-on role that will directly interact with the AMP SRE teams and Apple’s central information security group to protect and secure Apple's fast-growing services businesses. This position will be responsible for managing ongoing security operations for AMP's service platform, including: - Vulnerability management and remediation - Logging and monitoring for critical systems - Access review and reaccreditation - Compliance adherence and reporting - Systems inventory management and tracking Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple disparate projects in parallel with minimal guidance. This is an opportunity to own a significant portfolio of work that will directly impact AMP’s overall security!
- - Triaging open vulnerabilities reported by Apple's vulnerability management team and driving forward remediation efforts.
- - Response and follow-up on security incidents and publicly reported vulnerabilities in the AMP platform.
- - Analyzing logs from critical systems to identify anomalous activity and develop meaningful reports.
- - Tracking and inventorying sensitive data across internal systems by collaborating with engineering and SRE teams.
- - Opening and following upon security related tickets/requests with AMP engineering or SRE teams.
- - Working with AMP partner teams to drive security improvements to the AMP systems environment.
- - Interacting with logging and monitoring systems to investigate possible security issues.
- - Working on other security-related projects as needed.
- - Writing automation tools to support the activities above.
The Apple Media Product group manages a large portfolio of public-facing and backend services which is run on a variety of compute platforms. This Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for tracking and resolving security issues identified in this environment and serve as a primary liaison with the Apple Information Security team’s focusing on improving AMP security.
Education & Experience
5+ years working in an information security or information security-related role