AI/ML - Software Engineer, Phone & Communication Domains
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri team at Apple responsible for the customer facing features is looking for strong engineers who have a passion for building groundbreaking technology. Our goal is to create unsurpassed artificial intelligence solutions for millions of people. Together we write the software that crafts the Siri experience, define what Siri says and displays, and determine what Siri can do. As a successful Siri engineer, you will combine strong technical skills with a good product design sense, and are driven to deliver a phenomenal customer experience.
- Experience in app development with Objective-C or Swift using iOS or OS X frameworks is a big plus.
- You have strong Computer Science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures.
- You possess in-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, C++, or similar languages).
- You know how to design interfaces to integrate with multiple software components.
- You care a lot about testing your code, shipping quality software, and how customers use our product.
- You’re excellent at problem solving, critical thinking, and cross-functional communication.
We are looking for someone with a combination of strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset. Our team defines and delivers the Siri experience used by hundreds of millions of people to make phone and FaceTime calls, look up call records, and otherwise stay connected with the people in their lives via VoIP apps. We use Siri's advanced machine learning speech recognition and natural language technologies to create rich conversational interfaces for our users. You will be an excellent teammate who can collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's user facing capabilities. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. Specific Responsibilities: • Crafting and implementing user feature interactions and work flow that provide intelligent user assistance for Siri related features. • Working with our platform teams to define infrastructure interfaces. • Working with design and client-side engineering teams to ensure a great user experience. • Working with localization team to support the Siri experience in multiple languages
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.