Senior Software Engineer - Audio and Video Workflow
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) first delighted users with downloadable music in April 2003 with the opening of the iTunes Store. Since then, AMP has delivered countless innovations around the digital delivery of audio and video, and in 2008 revolutionized smartphone app distribution with the launch of the App Store. Being the source for so much digital content requires maintaining relationships with a vast number of providers, from record labels to movie studios to app developers. The Digital Supply Chain Engineering team (DSCE) is tasked with ensuring that new content is uploaded, processed, cataloged, and available on our storefronts when the provider expects it to be top notch quality. AMP Media Workflow Engineering team is seeking a forward-thinking self-starter to join our team. AMP is an increasingly vital and central component of Apple’s ecosystem, and continues to rely heavily on processing of media at ever more massive scale, at a level of quality unmatched in the industry. Join us in building Apple’s platform for audio and video ingestion and processing at the heart of Apple TV+, and participate in the innovation that will drive the next generation of media features services at Apple.
- At least five years experience with object-oriented programming and data modeling.
- Proficiency implementing software in C++.
- Experience in Java is desired.
- Working knowledge of digital audio and video concepts (container formats, codecs, compression schemes, tools, best methodologies etc).
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Experience with large-scale server-side systems and cluster-based workflows.
- Experience in the complete Software Development Cycle. For example Continuous Integration, testing, deployment and monitoring.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are in search of a Software Engineer to provide new and enhanced tools in order to support its fast paced growth. Join our exciting team that is dedicated to providing the highest quality media products services to our customers. Our team is responsible for the software that drives workflows for encoding all audio and video content for the our Apple TV store, including movies, music, audio books, TV shows, Apple TV+, and more. We are looking for a standout colleague who is able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. Responsibilities include: Building tools and workflows to support new media-related, customer-visible features services across Apple’s ecosystem. Optimization of existing workflows to improve throughput and utilization of massive server farm across multiple data centers. Creating internal tools to support quality control of our media content. To achieve this, the ideal candidate will have experience developing large-scale server-side systems using object-oriented languages.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired.
- Experience with media production and processing pipelines.
- Experience with video and audio formats, such as QuickTime, MPEG-4, and AAC is desired.
- Experience with content management systems and metadata.
- At least 5-7 years of C++ experience and/or Java.