Sr. Architecture and Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Senior Architecture and Performance Engineer. The Mobile Apps team is responsible for delivering iOS apps that globally set the standard for customer experience and showcase Apple's revolutionary hardware and iOS technologies. You’ll be joining a team of world class engineers and interacting every day with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store and Apple Retail.
- In-depth experience in Object-Oriented Programming, Services Oriented Architecture, and Data structures required
- Experience in developing high throughput, high performance systems and global applications
- Expertise in designing and building server-side applications and services is required (J2EE, Spring, Tomcat)
- Experience in secure network programming and distributed systems
- Participate and be actively involved in team and organization wide architecture discussions and software development standard methodologies
- Java development: J2EE, Spring, Tomcat
- Caching & load balancing architectures: HAProxy, NGnix+, Akamai, Redis, network architecture(load balancer, firewall)
- Systems/Tools: GIT, Maven, Nexus/Artifactory, Jenkins, Cassandra, Kafka, JMeter, Splunk
- Languages: Java, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Swift
- Other: Docker, HTTPS, XML, JSON, CSS
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of the Mobile Apps Engineering team, you will join a highly skilled and technical team that is responsible for delivering world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on architecture, performance tuning & security for high throughput, high performance, server driven iOS application services that are used worldwide by Apple customers for both online and in store purchasing and services.
Education & Experience
Masters Degree or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.