AppleCare EFFA Hardware Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking an experienced Hardware Test Engineer to support AppleCare's EFFA screening operations. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of balancing multiple hardware test stations utilized in manufacturing or failure analysis screening. Successful candidate will be capable of performing data analysis to identify key issues and have the ability to synthesize data into information to provide updates to peers, management and 3rd parties.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics industry preferred.
- Proven track record successfully supporting service or production screening operations with Test Engineering and/or Product Quality responsibilities.
- Passion for hardware debugging and identifying root cause.
- Experience qualifying and maintaining test processes and screening procedures to support new product introductions.
- Ability to identify and communicate improvements for current test, operations, and business processes.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with statistical analysis tools.
- Experience collaborating with network, security, and infrastructure experts to manage administration and changes to firewall and machine recipe management system residing in LAN.
- Experience automating repetitive processes. Python, AppleScript, Ruby or similar scripting language.
- Strong solution focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple projects of varying complexity and priority.
- Previous success working with cross-functional/interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Set up, qualify and maintain hardware test stations. - Set up new Lab and Failure Analysis equipment, as necessary. - Coordinate firewall and machine recipe changes with key partners (Hardware Test Engineering, CoreOS, Software Engineering, Information Security, etc.) as needed by the business to support test operations. - Monitor and audit test equipment and escalate issues to appropriate engineering teams. - Lead interactions with SW development teams during the setup of test stations requiring custom SW configuration. - Work with the Apple's Hardware Test Engineers to resolve issues with test equipment and machine recipes. - Work with the AppleCare analysis team to maintain and present test data. - Prepare records, charts, and graphs for presentation of results to engineering, operations, and management as needed. - Automate repetitive processes to assist in the management of the lab.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- English language proficiency and computer skills are required.