Software Engineer - Map Services Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is a great mapping platform with immersive 3D experience, great navigation and transit information to find your way around. Apple Maps supports billions of requests each week from apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay, Mac and third-party apps. The Maps Foundation service team is looking for a big-data expert to build the next generation crowd sourcing platform to continuously improve Maps.
- 3+ years of software development and production operation experience with big-data distributed systems.
- Excellent social, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with message-based architecture using Kafka or another message broker.
- Experience in designing, implementing scalable server side APIs.
- Experience in big data processing using Hadoop Map-reduce or Apache Spark.
You will build and support a high volume crowd sourcing platform to ingest 100s of thousands of requests per second and process multiple peta bytes of data per day from billions of iOS devices. This platform helps to enrich maps data, realtime traffic information and personalized suggestions to name a few. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join Maps Foundation services team. In this position you will work on challenging big data problems involving real time, high volume and low latency processing of crowd sourced geo spatial and temporal data.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- While not necessary, the following skills would be helpful.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and statistical models.
- Experience with notebooks based data Science workflow.