Program Manager, Podcasts, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for Music, Videos, Books, Apps - and, of course, Podcasts. Program Managers on the Apple Podcasts team are responsible for shipping new features and tools to support Podcasters. We're looking for people with a proven track record of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with cross-functional teams, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use. This role takes ultimate responsibility for applying the Project Management Lifecycle principles. You will guide the development, concept, business & technical requirements, feature set, coordination, documentation, and quality for Podcasts projects. The ideal candidate should comfortable working side by side with Business, Product Management & Design, yet be enthusiastic and technically capable to partner with Engineering teams.
- 7+ years of program or technical project management experience in software development
- Passion for working on Podcasts related products
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, proactive, and self-sufficient
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects related to Apple Podcasts and Podcaster tools - Own overall cross-functional schedules, including development for our team collaborate other Apple groups (client teams, server, QA teams, business teams), and backend reporting systems. - Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation, as well as, reporting for your projects - Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the Apple Podcasts team - Understand why a certain solution is not workable technically or unacceptable to users and negotiate new ways to accomplish the same goal - Define and author functional specs or user guides as needed
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent experience